Project Freight Network member, Pentagon International GmbH, Germany, has relocated to a larger facility in Hamburg.
The relocation took place for expansion reasons. Pentagon also saw a great advantage in adding an in-house packaging facility to the already extensive list of services they offer in the heavy lift, project cargo, and breakbulk market. “The choice to have the packing facility in-house has many advantages for our customers”, says Sebastian Blanke who explains that offering the additional service will help their customers in selecting the best possible packing solution for their project destination.
Having a “one point” is very important to the customers for Pentagon biggest clients of the oil & gas industry. An industry where the demand for good packing, one contact concept, and international services is imperative.
Collecting the cargo from various European suppliers, performing the line item check, consignment, and packing as per the individual requirement of the cargo and/or destination country, as well as organizing the worldwide distribution on the job site.
The new services, on top of the new location and facilities for storage and packing, are on top of the already long list of services Pentagon Germany is providing
- Packing facility with 3 additional employees
- Certified OHSAS 18001 + ISO 9001 + ISO 14001
- B Status to handle secured air freight
- Storage facility
- Forklift with a 3,5mt lifting capacity
- Own panel and chop saw, as well as nail table
- Production of pallets/crates / cases/boxes and individual transport constructions; all as per IPPC-Standard, ISPM15, HPE Standard For road / air / sea freight
- Line item check / consignment / labeling / registration and track trace via CargoWise One
- Packing / crating / re-packing / conservation at our warehouse or at customers premises